at Bank OZK in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Job Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for supporting lending efforts by underwriting new and renewed loans. Serves as a trained credit underwriter and experienced banking professional and works with loan types including corporate, commercial and industrial, and commercial real estate transactions. Underwrites transactions with a high degree of complexity (generally carry total bank commitments “TCE” up to $30MM). Completes annual reviews, performs financial statement analysis and completes global debt service calculations. May serve as a mentor/coach to less experienced underwriters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Underwrites more complex business banking and commercial department loan requests with total credit exposure (TCE) up to $30MM.
- Performs annual reviews, financial spreads and global debt service calculations.
- Ensures loan requests are underwritten consistently and in accordance with the Bank’s credit policies, procedures and standards.
- Manages assigned credit transactions, ensuring the loan requests are handled efficiently and processed in a timely manner, consistent with the Bank’s standards and Service Level Agreements.
- Communicates with lenders, credit officers and management at all levels of the organization regarding specifics concerning approved and declined loans.
- Tracks, monitors, and reports activity on loan applications and decisions, including maintaining a record of loan applications received and booked.
- Maintains the independence of the underwriting function and the recommendation of the initial credit risk rating.
- May serve as a coach/mentor to less experienced staff members.
- Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in the performance of essential job functions.
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance to work.
- Follows Bank policy, procedures and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general financial and banking principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank regulations related to the Office of Foreign Asset Control, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Anti-Money Laundering Act, and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Ability to communicate effective both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with staff and management at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong credit skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness in work product.
- Ability to maintain focus and concentration in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Skill in using computer and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
- Multi-function device
Major Job Demands (Physical/Mental):
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions, duties, skills and job standards required. Other job functions, duties, skills, and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.