at Cree in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
As an Applications Engineer for the Power Module business you will be responsible for pre- and post-sales technical support for both existing and new customers for automotive applications, especially for automotive traction drives. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the scientific process and will be able to lead and conduct development of new technologies with a strong foundation in the thermal, electrical, and mechanical domains. This position will have opportunity to lead reference designs using overmolded SiC power modules for those targeted applications. This position requires interaction with customers at all levels of system design/development, components, quality engineering.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to work with leading edge technology enabling customer to develop new products.
- Opportunity to have direct impact on business, and lead company direction to achieve success/maximize results.
- Opportunity to work with talented world class scientists and engineers.
- Competitive salary and benefit.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Lead design of experiments to validate new thermal and mechanical attach methods to maximize performance and reliability
- Assist internal and external design engineers to successfully incorporate Wolfspeed Silicon Carbide power modules in their products. Provide remote and on-site customer support
- Answer technical inquiries from existing and prospective customers with proper documentation and timely feedback/analysis
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support for Wolfspeed direct sales and distributors through customer presentations and product demonstrations
- Be a leader in designing, developing, documenting reference and demonstration platforms for SiC Power product target applications
- Develop and present materials at technical seminars, tradeshows and distributor training
- Support new product launches, including training for Wolfspeed sales engineers and regional channel partners
- Provide marketing department and product managers with consolidated customer requirements to define new products and product enhancements
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Self-motivated with a great passion for power systems and power devices, providing world-class technical support to customers and growing Wolfspeed’s SiC Power Business
- Experience in developing thermal management approaches for power electronics
- Understanding of some of power circuit topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC, DC/AC)
- Experience in mitigation of EMI/EMC in switching power supply
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout for minimal stray inductance and capacitance, placement strategies for high switching speed and high-power applications
- Experience in simulation tools (Spice, PLECS, etc) for power conversion
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Master or PhD. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering
- Prior experience in leading a power electronics design
- Prior experience in SiC high-power applications (> 10kW)
- Experience in sintering and laser welding attach methods
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.