at CommonSpirit Health in LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas, United States
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Specimen Collection/Processing/Testing: Follows laboratory procedures for specimen collection, handling, processing, test analysis, reporting and maintenance of records of patient test results as authorized by the supervisor. Monitors test systems for proper performance and accuracy regarding reporting of test results and reports problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting results – 40% of the time
2. Quality Control: Performs quality control procedures, instrument function checks and any necessary calibration and maintenance procedures. Follows established laboratory safety guidelines. With minimal assistance, completes procedures within established time frames. Correlates complete sample data prior to reporting results and documents irregularities. Monitors quality control results to assure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained – 20% of time
3. Documentation: Maintains records to ensure proper documentation of activities and results. Documents all corrective actions taken when tests systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications – 10% of time
4. Quality Assurance: Performs quality assurance on laboratory testing. Quality Assurance areas include turn around time verification, sample evaluation, and others as defined in the Quality Assurance Policy – 10% of time
5. Information systems: Enter data accurately and in accordance with laboratory policies. Retrieves results and information. Maintains patient confidentiality – 5% of time
6. Equipment Maintenance: Operates various complex instrumentation. Performs preventative maintenance protocols. With minimal assistance, investigates and corrects equipment malfunction. Records appropriate documentation – 5% of time
7. Education: Participates in continuing education opportunities. Demonstrates technical procedures to laboratory personnel as requested by supervisor – 5% of time
8. Materials Management: Performs inventory, ordering, receiving and stocking of designated supplies as directed by section supervisor – 5% of time
For all new employees as of October 10, 2012,.
Required: Associate Degree in Medical Technology, chemistry, biology, physical science or related field.
1) Graduated from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technology program or at least one year of experience in a clinical, analytical or environmental laboratory.
2) Registered (or registry eligible*) with a nationally accredited certifying agency (e.g. American Society for
Clinical Pathology, American Medical Technology, etc.).
*NOTE: Registry eligible employees are expected to complete and pass all requirements for certification within one year of employment. Failing to obtain a national certification within 1 year will result in the termination of employment with CHI St. Vincent Health System.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can’t find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in\_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2021-170058
Employment Type Full Time
Department Clinical Laboratory Services
Hours / Pay Period 80
Standard Hours Varied
Facility / Process Level : Name CHI St. Vincent Health
Location AR-LITTLE ROCK
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.