at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Paralegal to join the ArcBest team. The Paralegal provides legal support to attorneys and supports personnel and legal services for ArcBest and all ArcBest subsidiaries at all levels.
Your contribution may include:
- Review and revise (under the supervision of a licensed attorney) non-disclosure agreements for all companies, ensure execution by appropriate personnel, and that documents are stored for retrieval when needed.
- Research and collect unclaimed funds throughout the United States.
- Research and submit information to collect funds in class action lawsuits in which our companies are a member of the class.
- Register companies in various states and with federal agencies, including maintaining such records.
- Facilitate assignment of incoming contracts to attorneys and paralegals.
- Create, maintain, and update matters in the matter management system.
- Assist in the contract review process, including maintaining accurate records and statuses in the contract management system.
- Manage the ABC Contracts email inbox and process requests for legal services.
- Communicate effectively at a high level, both verbally and in writing.
- Receive, log, and distribute Service of Process documents.
- Respond to subpoenas and document requests.
- Gather information needed for discovery responses.
- Prepare chronological binders for pending lawsuits.
- Calendar upcoming litigation dates and update legal calendars of events.
- Perform legal research and all other related litigation functions as directed by attorneys.
- Manage Brightline Sexual Harassment Software or similar software for employee training.
- Prepare responses/memos for initial EEOC Notice of Discrimination letters, corporate Quarterly Liability Analysis, and new legal matters monthly analysis report.
- Report on EEOC status, update records and files quarterly.
- Prepare DGT-1 Form filing for Freeport-McMoRan, both monthly and annually.
- Process settlement checks and update settlement file and spreadsheet.
- Prepare outgoing and overnight mail as needed.
- Manage H1B process to allow foreign employees to obtain their Visa to work.
- Prepare applications and submit requests for operating authorities from federal and state agencies.
- Apply for, maintain, and correct the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and other operating authorities for corporate subsidiaries.
- Maintain and administer user, security, and matter-related data in the Counsel Link matter management system.
- Provide secondary support to other support personnel.
- Proofread and compare documents.
- Scan documents to files in the matter management system for a paperless process.
- Prepare, open, and distribute legal department mail as needed.
- Request and process files from storage as needed.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Paralegal, you will be a member of the ArcBest Legal team in Fort Smith, AR. Work hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Minimum, one-year law firm experience or experience in a corporate legal department, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability