at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Recruiting and Hiring Specialist to join the ArcBest team. The Recruiting and Hiring Specialist serves as the single point of contact for applicants to ensure pre-employment requirements are met and hired in a timely and efficient manner.
Your contribution may include:
- Contact new hire candidates to make contingent verbal job offer.
- Work with partner clinics and candidates to ensure pre-employment drug tests and physicals are completed and that we receive the results in a timely manner.
- Maintain testing supply inventory and ensure clinics have supplies needed to complete exams.
- Review pre-employment physicals to ensure they comply with company and DOT regulations.
- Handle the coding and indexing of medical invoices to be promptly sent for payment.
- Create and send written offer letters and acquire non-solicitation or promissory agreements when required.
- Coordinate road tests.
- Index pre-hire documents to employee personnel files.
- Initiate and oversee the new hire onboarding process.
- Coordinate with service centers to ensure employees start in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the payment of pre-hire signing bonuses with payroll.
- Schedule Driver Development Program training dates with service centers.
- Create new hire and change payroll advices.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intensive environment.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Recruiting and Hiring Specialist, you will be a member of the ArcBest Talent Management team in Fort Smith, AR. Hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Experience: Prior experience with DOT medical requirements, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability