at Robert Half in MEMPHIS, Tennessee, United States
Bring your accounting experience and know-how to a dynamic, growing team at Robert Half Finance, now seeking an Accounting Manager in the Memphis, Tennessee area. As the Accounting Manager, you will oversee and be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you achieve long-term potential within the company. We are looking for a candidate that possess excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the successful growth of the firm.
- Prepare financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Allocate and prepare monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis reports for management
- Produce error-free monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Aid in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Engage in various department-wide initiatives
- Supply Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Uphold company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls; while also providing support on special requests when required
- Administer Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Commitment to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process.Requirements
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- General familiarity with equity accounting
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Income Statements experience
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- Strong familiarity with Monthly Accruals
- Adeptness in general ledger
- Practical knowledge of Intercompany Accounting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of workday
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Familiarity with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, and supervisory experience
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.