at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Emerging Countries marketing team focuses on fulfilling our mission and telling our company’s story while reaching unconnected and under-connected consumers in markets throughout Asia, Africa, and Latin America – either directly or in collaboration with our local partners. As a Consumer Marketing Manager working on Emerging Countries, you’ll be focused on ensuring responsible growth in these regions by driving strategy, positioning, and messaging for our suite of products aimed at addressing integrity-related issues for consumers in these countries. You’ll also be responsible for working closely with our public affairs marketing team to integrate product developments in this area into the broader company narrative around Facebook’s commitment to safeguarding people and societies from harm across the Facebook Family of apps.
1. Influence product strategy and in-product experiences with consumer and market insights.
2. Advocate to the product team for necessary changes to ensure the success of consumer marketing campaigns launching in these markets.
3. Develop narratives around product proof points that demonstrate Facebook’s commitment to ensuring responsible consumer growth in emerging countries.
4. Own the development of the core value proposition, positioning, and messaging for products aimed at emerging market consumers.
5. Create and execute go-to-market plans to launch new products and achieve business goals.
6. Develop launch strategy, including rollout plan, creative asset development, and communication goals to best drive awareness, engagement, and advocacy.
7. Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages and programs (product videos, testimonial videos, tutorials, etc.).
8. Partner with internal creative teams and external agencies to deliver creative and communications.
9. Be the expert in the product’s target audiences, representing the users to internal teams.
10. Work across cross-functional teams such as product management, engineering, design, data science, research and others to achieve business goals.
11. 7+ years of experience in consumer-focused marketing.
12. Interest in working with consumers in emerging countries.
13. Experience in the Internet and/or technology industry.
14. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
15. Experience with launching products.
16. Experience partnering with and influencing Product Management and other internal teams.
17. Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Marketing or related discipline.
18. Project management skills.
19. Experience marketing to consumers in emerging markets.
20. Experience working with partnerships and/or co-marketing initiatives.
21. Experience with direct response/acquisition-focused marketing.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.