at Stella-Jones Corporation in Brierfield, Alabama, United States
"Where our people and our products are essential"
Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones is seeking a qualified Senior Accounting Clerk to join our Rison, AR team. This role will review, enter, code, and validate financial transactions, reconcile multiple data sources and prepare reports for management review.
- Validate, code and process vendor invoices within payment terms and department goals
- Key invoices into payables system
- Compare accrued freight to invoiced freight and validate variances are within acceptable tolerances or take appropriate action to resolve variance
- Invoice customer shipments with proper freight accruals and process internal transfers
- Validate and input production and inventory transactions including treat charges, mixing preservatives, inventory movements
- Complete financial close duties in accordance with company closing policies, including account reconciliations and account balance analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis with minimal supervision
- Act as department leader to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Train and mentor peers
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases
- Respond to and contact vendors regarding payment status in professional manner
- Mail checks in timely manner with enclosed appropriate supporting documentation
- Keep Office Manager apprised of potential concerns and statuses
- Maintain and update process documentation
- Appropriately respond to questions from internal and external stakeholders
- Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent preferred
- 3-years related experience in accounting functions and reconciling general ledger
- Knowledge of FOB points, state sales tax laws and rates, EDI, and ten-key calculator
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, data manipulation)
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Click to apply and start the process to join the Stella-Jones team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.