at Averitt Express in North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionRegional CDL-A truck driver opportunities with a real career path, weekly home time & more advantages than anyone else can offer!
When you apply to be part of the Averitt team, you'll be blown away by everything that goes with our CDL-A driving opportunities. Yes, we offer great home time options, no-touch freight and excellent equipment, but there's so much more!
For one, we promote from within. Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership. And how about our driver support specialists who make sure we're doing everything we can to help you succeed? The list truly goes on and on with perks and advantages that set Averitt far above other carriers.
Introducing NEW options to shorten your commute! We've added several Power Centers in strategic locations to help maximize your home time. Pick up your truck and loads at our newest location in Anniston, AL and Eutaw, AL to stay closer to home and avoid a commute to the city.
Want to get rewards beyond cents per mile? Averitt is the place for CDL-A drivers to get them.
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for qualified drivers through May 31, 2021! ($2,500 at 90 and 180 days)
- Average $1,200 in 5 days/ $62,400 per year
- Home every week, averaging 55+ hours at home each week (90% of our regional drivers get home by noon on Saturdays)
- 16-state coverage, primarily South and Midwest lanes with a typical dispatch within 500 miles of your domicile
- 100% no-touch freight
- Paid time off and 8 paid holidays
- Minimum Mile pay (makes every mile worthwhile - ask your recruiter for details!)
- Stop, Layover, Breakdown, Detention and Per Diem pay
- No-cap referral bonuses for all positions
- Paid orientation
- Hiring immediately
- Personal conveyance policy
- Uniform allotment to keep you riding in style
- Excellent, low-cost insurance benefits, including medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $36.95/week for individuals and $93.95/week for families
- A career path that will take you where you want to go
- Profit-sharing program in which our profits are given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Red Thinkin' Rewards - Earn gifts like iPads, laptops, TVs, vacations and more
- Short on experience?We have opportunities for drivers with as little as 4 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience in the past year, or 6 months of verifiable in the past 5 years.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Requirements CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Job Requirements:
- Must live within 150-mile radius
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of 4 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past year OR 6 months within the past 5 years
- Must have a Class A CDL
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years
- Open/ close trailer door- force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Hook/ unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
- Move freight- force requirement: 54 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/ exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/ exit the rear of a trailer from ground level