at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Messenger Business team’s mission is to become the primary communication channel between people and businesses. The team works on business messaging experiences across Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram and drives outsized impact on revenue and business communication by enabling businesses to establish a more personal and high fidelity communication channel with customers to address their needs and improve customer satisfaction. We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who will work across Messenger and Instagram Direct business messaging. You will shape product strategy spanning across teams, interfaces, and use cases through a deeper understanding of the business messaging ecosystem. You will provide guidance and mentorship to other Data Scientists and uplevel those around you. You will define and answer the most critical and complex questions that accelerate the adoption of business messaging around the world.
1. Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products
2. Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
3. Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
4. Understand ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
5. Influence product teams and company leaders through presentation of data-based recommendations
6. Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
7. Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role
8. Experience in data manipulation via SQL, Python or R
9. Strategic thinking and experience driving the direction of the team
10. Experience communicating complex product findings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
11. 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization
12. Experience in B2C marketplace products with global reach
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.