at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Brokerage Specialist to join the ArcBest team. The Brokerage Specialist executes Transportation Management services for ArcBest customers based on agreed upon business rules, through the use of our Transportation Management Software (TMS) platform. This position also supports all customer needs for data and shipment management including performing data analysis to determine and proactively address inefficiencies, deliver dynamic transportation and logistics solutions that support the needs of the customer by focusing heavily on lead times, visibility, transportation costs, and available carrier capacity and offers special project support in order to continually integrate and update providers and vendors in the TMS. The Brokerage Specialist executes any and all supply chain needs to support the objectives of the customer and ArcBest.
Your contribution may include:
- Serve as the voice of the Managed Transportation customer inside ArcBest.
- Support and execute pre-defined Managed Transportation solutions using the TMS software platform that helps customers become more efficient.
- Serve as the liaison between the customer and their providers/vendors/carriers to execute and support logistics needs in the TMS.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of customer’s unique needs, aiding in the procurement and onboarding process for new vendors, suppliers and carriers.
- Maintain documentation of all customer TMS processes and business rules to ensure continuity.
- Monitor, track and trace customers’ shipments/loads while also effectively managing carrier relationships.
- Provide internal communications related to key performance metrics, program updates, TMS implementation needs, vendor integration, and on-going technical solution information.
- Create innovative ways to execute supply chain objectives more efficiently through the TMS platform.
- Manage daily activities for numerous accounts to ensure all special requirements are met as requested by both internal and external customers.
- Grow profitable revenue for ArcBest through our different service offerings.
- React effectively to customer demands and deadlines.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Brokerage Specialist, you will be a member of the Yield: Managed Transportation team. Your work hours will be 8:00AM – 7:00PM with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Experience: Minimum, two years’ experience in Operations, Sales, Transportation, Customer Service, or related field.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Proven ability to learn new systems quickly. Database and Transportation Management systems experience, preferred.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability."
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability