at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Application Security team is seeking a passionate hacker who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of over a billion people. You will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions. Come help us make life hard for the bad guys.
1. Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
2. Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
3. Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
4. Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
5. Conduct regular security assessments
6. B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
7. Experience ensuring security and privacy on the internet
8. Experience with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
9. Knowledge of internet security issues
10. Communication abilities
11. Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account