at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is exploring the potential of virtual and augmented reality to bring people together in new ways. We are designing technologies that help people to create, share meaningful moments, and build communities using the unique qualities of these immersive new mediums. We aim to develop experiences that put people first, defining a future where AR and VR enable us to connect with the people and content we care about like never before.Horizon is about bringing people together around shared, creative experiences. We’re looking for engineers to make possible the creation of rich, simulated worlds of all sizes, complexities, and concurrency. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with games or AR/VR industry background, with a strong focus in distributed real time simulations.
1. Lead the development of a new simulated world architecture that allows for elastic use of cloud infrastructure and efficient use of client headsets.
2. Provide the interface by which other teams are able to lay on specific simulation elements, such as physics, audio or scripting.
3. Explore network and compute optimizations to reduce latency and expand capabilities.
4. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
5. 6+ years experience as an engineer shipping real time simulations (ex. massively multiplayer or open world games.)
6. In depth understanding of state synchronization architecture and networking and implications in games or other 3D interactive products
7. Demonstrated experience interfacing with other internal and external teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
8. Experience with real time simulated worlds (ex. Massively Multiplayer games)
9. Experience with C++
10. Experience with a combination of Windows, Android, and game console programming
11. Experience with virtual reality (Rift, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.)
12. Experience creating clarity in large areas of ambiguity
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account