at Ritter Communications in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
We are looking for I&R Technicians in both the Northeast Arkansas and Central Arkansas areas!
The Install & Repair Technician I is responsible for a variety of duties pertaining to the installation and repair of voice, video, and high speed data services to residential and small/medium business customers via copper, coax, and fiber. This role performs technical work in the field and responds to customer issues with a high level of service quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs all Ritter services including coax, copper, and fiber delivery; identifies correct cable pair in pedestals or terminal blocks;
- Installs proper grounding for drop, inside wiring, and station protectors;
- Locates trouble in service installations; repairs or replaces faults;
- Checks loops and records proper readings as required by the company maintenance plan; localizes line trouble, and changes cable drops if required;
- Assists central office in the installation and maintenance of data equipment, modems and four-wire circuits;
- Repairs trouble in cable plant, drop wire, station wiring;
- Coordinates internally on service installations and changes to update billing and plant records;
- Maintains and repairs existing equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble;
- Determines necessary repairs, which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed;
- Installs, repairs, and maintains cable/telecom lines and modems;
- Assists in FTTH and Security installations;
- Splices fiber to FTTH installations;
- Coordinates with the Dispatch, Outside Plant Maintenance, and Construction departments to ensure that installation and repair work satisfies the Company’s standards and meets customer expectations;
- Takes 24-hour call periodically to resolve service problems in assigned systems;
- Checks, maintains, and uses proper safety equipment as issued in conformance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and Company safety rules and regulations;
- Climbs poles, ladders, and other structures as needed; uses bucket truck when required;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations.
2400 Ritter Drive
Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401