at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a U-Pack Sales Student Worker to join the ArcBest team.The Student Worker in the U-Pack Sales department provides exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment. This position involves using multiple computer programs to effectively communicate with internal and external customers. Problem solving and conflict resolution skills will be used on a daily basis.
Your contribution may include:
- The position offers a high degree of responsibility and exposure to numerous aspects of the moving and transportation industry.
- Consultants must exhibit the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business and the customer.
- Student Workers spend the majority of the workday providing one-on-one customer service in a variety of mediums. These responsibilities include fielding customer emails, assisting customers via the Nano rep at upack.com, monitoring and processing updates submitted through the U-Pack customer portal, and providing phone support.
- U-Pack Service Consultants will be the first point of contact for conflict resolution and must take a proactive approach to troubleshoot problems. Consultants are empowered to make decisions to both satisfy customers and act in the best interest of the business as a whole.
- Consultants will utilize a variety of computer programs and applications for shipment tracing, monitoring equipment inventory and supporting both internal and external customers.
- Consultants will communicate with field personnel and other members of the Operations Team to facilitate moves with special circumstances and follow up on related issues.
- Student Workers will learn operations procedures for a variety of partner companies and will be responsible for in-depth knowledge of the mechanics of those practices.
- U-Pack Service Consultants should present creative solutions to improve systems and processes for future customers.
- Additional responsibilities will include project work and specialized tasks.
As a Student Worker, you will be a member of the ArcBest U-Pack Team. Your hours will be within Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 8:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load. The Student Worker hours will be part time; working less than 30 hours per week.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a four year university
- Basic Computer skills
- Strong communication skills
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability