at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges. ArcBest Technologies is an ArcBest company that develops and supports applications to provide innovative technology solutions for business challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Project Management Engineer to join the ArcBest team. As a member, you will provide a full range of information technology services to different clients within ArcBest Corporation and its subsidiaries, whose needs vary. A wide spectrum of opportunities is available in the form of Internet, client/server, personal computer, mobile, and mainframe online and batch applications. The role of the Project Management Engineer (under the general supervision of the Associated Director of Sourcing and Fulfillment) is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources (through communications with the Associated Director of Sourcing and Fulfillment) and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. He/She will guide their team through the entire software development life cycle and must maintain excellent communication with management, team members and other stakeholders on the state of the project. A key role of the Project Management Engineer is to not only provide the business with exceptional service, but to develop an exceptional work team, while ensuring the business’ requirements and internal requirements are satisfied. This active management must be provided throughout the entire project life cycle.
Your contribution may include:
Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Assist in the training of project manager outside of the Project Management office
Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Where required, work with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
As a Project Management Engineer, you will be a member of the ArcBest Project Management team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, with flexibility of hours between 6:00am to 6:00pm.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- BS or BA degree in computer related field of study or equivalent prior development experience. Pursuit and completion of PMP (Project Management Professional) certification in the next 3-5 years will be required. MBA or the pursuit of an MBA is a plus.
- 4+years of software development/project management experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills. A solid understanding of object-oriented programming is desirable, as well as hands-on programming experience
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability."
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account