at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Database Maintenance Coordinator to join the ArcBest team. The Database Maintenance Coordinator administers and promotes expertise in all manner of database loading applications and provides database-related support and guidance to internal and external departments. This position manages and prioritizes loading updates and maintenance for assigned portfolio of ArcBest’s largest and most complicated accounts. The Database Maintenance Coordinator analyzes and interprets database loading instructions from departments across ArcBest, particularly Pricing and Supply Chain Analytics, and enter into the database systems. This position also oversees and participates in regular loading audits, leading resolutions as needed, and contributes in the design and ongoing effectiveness of rating and database systems and processes.
Your contribution may include:
- Oversee, participate in, and audit contractual and other critical or complex pricing implementation.
- Determine and implement the most effective and accurate loading procedures.
- Coach and mentor database and rating personnel on ArcBest tariffs, rules, and pricing application.
- Monitor and perform training activities.
- Perform a significant role in the general rate increase processes, which generate approximately $3M/month additional revenue.
- Manage and submit backdate/rerate requests and identify practices to improve loading accuracy.
- Assist in monitoring Launch and other Managed Transportation business opportunities to ensure proper pricing application.
- Interact with IT support to design, develop, and implement solutions to improve the overall effectiveness and accuracy of database applications.
- Research and resolve pricing application questions/problems, and communicate resolutions to management.
- Maintain and provide support for city routing and various service center updates.
- Load partner carrier agreements including any associated rates and special services.
- Audit critical and/or complex pricing components.
- Assist with weekly fuel surcharge calculations and updates for modified fuel applications.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues related to rating, quoting, and database systems.
- Maintain a positive attitude and high accuracy level in a highly intense environment.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Database Maintenance Coordinator, you will be a member of the ArcBest Database team. Your work hours may vary based on scheduling to provide market coverage during normal business hours generally Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. May include occasional irregular and weekend hours depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Experience: Minimum, three years’ experience with ArcBest database and rating, preferred
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus in Excel and Spreadsheet manipulation.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account