at APL Logistics Americas, Ltd in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
The Warehouse Team Lead assigns work to warehouse personnel, provides on the job training and feedback, champions safety awareness and ensures jobs are completed correctly and efficiently. In addition, the team lead brings excellent performers and those requiring correction to the attention of management, assists in scheduling and reporting by planning and organizing work schedules to ensure jobs are assigned correctly and efficiently.
Coordinates unloading/loading of inbound/outbound shipments in accordance with procedures, and ensures inventory controls are maintained. Provides warehouse services assigned through safe, efficient, cost effective and accurate handling of customer products.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Loading & Unloading, Inventory Control
- Coordinate unloading/loading of inbound/outbound shipments and staging in accordance with procedures
- Responsible for Inventory Control and Storage thru cycle counts and physical audits.
- Provide support to team involving product damage, quality and safety issues.
Planning and Organizing
- Plan and organize work schedules and ensure jobs are assigned correctly and efficiently.
- Provide support for the Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
- Lead employees on a team basis.
- Ability to cover “shift” responsibilities in Supervisor’s absence.
- Performs job functions of a Material Handler 2 or 3 as directed by the supervisor.
- Provide other services such as housekeeping activities, assembling crates to contain products and/or moving loose materials to containers as directed by supervisor.
- Provide hands on training for associates in all tasks in the department.
- Responsible for safety, sanitation and security through awareness programs, meetings, inspections and preventative measures.
- Complete activity and statistical reports as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in physical inventories ensuring facility and contents are secure.
- Responsible for reports to management outlining results of these essential functions.
Key Result Areas:
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
- Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- sition requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years warehouse or related work experience required
- 2 years Fork Truck/Tow motor operational/material handling skills required
- Equipment Certification required
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to write legibly
- Must have basic math, computer and data entry skills
- Ability to make decisions on customer acceptance based on past experience and fitness for use
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to lead others to complete work requirements
- Solid command of English, both written and verbal
- Must have attention to detail for continuous mental and visual attention
- Must be a Team Player
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 1-2 years of Team Lead or related work experience preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Action Oriented
- Results Driven
- Teamwork – showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation – bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus – achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
Organization: Region North America
Title: Team Lead, Warehouse (CLS) (1st Shift) – Memphis TN 210000J9
Requisition ID: 210000J9
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account