at SMG in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
JOB TITLE: Sr. Security/Garage Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
- Provide overall management for all services and activities involved in facility and event security, facility admissions, and emergency preparedness, using independent judgment and personal initiative
- Develops, plans, organizes services for parking garage areas in regards to discrepancies, supply, logistics, communications, operations and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist Accounting with parking rates in the area and recommends adjustments to remain competitive.
- Plan, develop and implement programs to ensure the security of facility staff, property and attendees
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; identify opportunities for improvements and review with management; implement improvements
- Direct, train, motivate and evaluate security staff and provides or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for the Security Department and all other assigned programs and functions; meet with staff on a regular basis to identify and resolve challenges; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Assist the Event Managers in the development of event specific security and staffing plans
- Develop event budgets for security, police and EMT’s
- Purchasing/Ordering security related goods and services and approval of invoices for payment
- Coordinate the scheduling of external event staffing personnel including, but not limited to, off duty police officers, EMT’s, peer group security as needed
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the Security Department annual budget; forecast additional funds needed for staffing, training, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations and manage facility EAP with regular updates and exercises
- Monitor and maintain the facility’s computerized life safety and security systems, including fire, security camera and access control
- Responsible for daily, parking event and permit ticket distribution, tracking from parking systems
- Plans, organizes, advises and schedules all major events, in con
Shreveport, Louisiana 71133