at First State Bank in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
FIRST STATE BANK
Loan Officer III
Accountable to: Market President/CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition Number: 2021-2001
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Originates commercial loans by interviewing loan applicants. Analyzes and screens preliminary loan requests on varied types of loans. Informs prospective borrower of loan commitment and reviews ongoing financial condition of borrower and status of lines of credit.
Primary duties include but not limited to:
- Developing and managing relationships with commercial banking customers in the assigned business segment and/or geographic areas.
- Managing overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk and is responsible for the profitable growth of the portfolio.
- Analyzing, negotiating, structuring and presenting, new commercial loan financial information to relevant committees for approval.
- Meeting or preferably exceeding sales goals in deposits, loans, fee income, and new business revenues.
- Participating in community events to increase the bank’s visibility and to drive new business opportunities.
- Working closely with the Loan Administration to create credit presentations.
- Developing and utilizing a broad group of business and commercial referral sources.
- Cross-selling all relevant bank products and services to commercial customers.
- Adhering to confidentiality policy, code of ethics and follow all policies and procedures relative to loan compliance laws and regulations
- Develop solid product knowledge: offer clients the best products that fit their needs.
- Work with customers and internal support staff to ensure the timely completion of each loan.
- Excellent telephone communications skills; demonstrated ability to overcome customer objections.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to set and achieve productivity goals.
- Keeping informed of trends and developments in the commercial and industrial markets, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to commercial lending.
- Individual must have a good work ethic and high integrity.
- Occasional local tasks outside the office
- All other related duties.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. BS Degree in Finance or a related subject is preferred. 5-10 years’ experience in lending or a related profession is preferred. Regular attendance and punctuality is important. This position requires good communication, computer and keyboarding skills. Attention to detail, organizational skills, timeliness and patience are involved when working with the general public. This position requires continual training. Accuracy is necessary in order to successfully fulfill this position.
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk and listen. The employee must also be able to lift up to 50lbs as they will be in a money courier rotation involving the lifting of coin. Employee must also be able to withstand working in a high stress environment from time to time.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must possess satisfactory credit rating
- Must pass background check
First State Bank
2125 E Joyce Blvd
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72703