at Nexion Health Management in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Your talents, skills and hearts are in high demand. Join our team of collaborative healthcare professionals and work closely with a cross-functional team to create an environment of quality health and wellness of the minds, bodies and spirit s of our residents. APPLY TODAY!:
Over the past 20 years, Nexion has grown to 53 affiliate skilled nursing and rehabilitation, as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Our collaborative and compassionate culture provides a platform for team members to share their talents and skills to facilitate continuous improvement across the entire organization. Nexion has also taken an active stance for diversity and inclusion by establishing a Diversity Task Force to tear down divisive barriers and build unity of cultures and purpose. Our commitment to excellence begins with the unity of our team for the care of our residents, which is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, customer satisfaction ratings, AHCA Quality Awards and the advancement and tenure of our associates. We invite you to experience the Nexion culture and grow with us.
The Central Intake Specialist will be responsible of clinical assessment to determine the appropriate placement options for the patient. Intake Nurse will work directly with the Director of Central Admissions determining appropriate care and placement for each admission.
- Establishes the patient’s eligibility for care through clinical assessment
- Communicates with appropriate hospital staff as needed to promote a complete patient assessment and relay information concerning care options
- Reviews patients’ medical records.
- Determines whether a patient can be admitted to a facility
- Coordinates with facility staff to ensure each patient has a smooth transition through the discharge process
- Coordinates communication between patients and their physicians, case managers and other medical staff
- Communicates effectively with facility and regional team
- Maintains working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and private pay criteria for admission
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of all area hospitals discharge and referral procedures
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications and is sensitive to emotional situations
- Promotes positive customer relations with referral sources and facility personnel
- Performs other duties as
Nexion Health Management
Shreveport, Louisiana 71133