at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
Working Location: TENNESSEE, BARTLETT
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Associate Endoscope Technician will evaluate, troubleshoot, disassemble, assemble, repair, and/or inspect Endoscopes to assure proper function. The incumbent will use a variety of small hand tools and test equipment to make repairs and facilitate disassembly and reassembly. He/She will complete and maintain accurate service records both electronically and manually. The incumbent will ensure that safe work practices are employed by observing guidelines established or enforced by Olympus. He/She may be assigned to support business needs by working in other areas outside their primary responsibility. The incumbent will proactively participate in the quality systems, quality improvement, and “5S” programs as directed by the Production Supervisor. He/She will maintain confidentiality of documents and processes.
In a typical day, you will:
- Acquire job skills and learn company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Perform functions related to the repair and service of endoscopes following the successful completion of technical training and completion of an initial skill set.
- Reach and maintain acceptable levels of productivity and quality, requisite with the amount of time in job.
- Participate in technical training in order to become proficient at one stage within the assigned Department.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- Make decisions related to repairs.
- Receive detailed instructions on all work; Work under close supervision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 6 months to 1 year of electro-mechanical experience and/or demonstrated repair ability is required.
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity with small hand tools such as screwdrivers, electric screwdrivers, pliers, and tweezers.
- Must have the experience or ability to work with microscopes, test equipment (such as light sources, video processors, mega ohm testers), and hand soldering, where applicable.
- Must have good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have the ability to read and follow manuals, work instructions, job standards, and related information.
- Must possess basic computer skills (including keyboard and mouse skills).
- Must be customer focused/oriented.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks – so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com .
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Tennessee (US-TN) || Bartlett ||