at AutoZone, Inc. in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
The IT Data Management Systems Engineer is responsible for providing administrative and development level support for all SAS applications leveraged by Business Intelligence and its customers. Platforms include, but are not limited to: enterprise SAS, WebFocus, and Data Support. Designing and coding by primarily using programming languages listed; applying and adhering to our in-house standards; building partnerships with both the business and IT teams to ensure data meets architectural standards, design patterns, and technical specifications; producing and validating design artifacts (e.g., object models, sequence diagrams) to help others understand and adhere to company coding standards; mentoring, and training for the systems mentioned above.
Support consists of activities which include, but can go beyond:• – Installation, administration, monitoring, maintenance and tuning of SAS Platforms in Linux environments.
• – Provide technical support, troubleshooting and patch updates for SAS Solutions.
• – Provide SQL performance reviews.
• – Implement security and authentication services with LDAP.
• – Integrate SAS/ACCESS interfaces to various data sources such as Oracle, Postgres, and DB2.
• – Design solutions to reduce the operational and management complexity of the platform and to increase reliability and performance.
• – Manage folder structures and space for SAS datasets.
• – SQL Programming and advanced data analysis skills
• – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
• -7+ years of experience programming and systems analysis/design.
• – Hands-on experience with SAS 9.3 & 9.4 and SAS Viya.
• – Knowledge of Base SAS, SQL, and SAS macro language.
• – Experience administering applications on Linux Servers.
• – Understanding of SAS products and how they function together in a distributed environment.
• – Experience with data warehousing to include data quality, data governance, data management, and ETL.
• – Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
• – Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• – Experience implementing applications in Cloud platform (preferred Google).
• – Data analytics experience (predictive analytics, time series analysis, fraud detection).
• – Scripting languages, including Shell or Python.
• – Linux:-Must be familiar with common tasks such as:
-Navigating the filesystem
-Creating, debugging, and testing shell scripts
-Using common tools and commands (ls, less, more, head, tail, vi, grep, history…)
-Ability to learn more advanced tools (sed, awk, etc.)
-Moving and Copying Files to and from different servers as well as to and from Linux and Windows
• – Continuous integration/deployment/delivery approaches and tooling, including Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub, Ansible Tower or similar tools.
• – Familiarity with Agile/Scrum/Kanban/DevOps methodologies and software development principles.
• – Tool Familiarity & Experience:
o SSH Clients (putty, etc.)
o Text Editors (Notepad++, etc.)
o SQL Clients (Squirrel, RocketShuttle, etc.)
o SFTP/FTP Clients (WinScp, FileZilla, etc.)
o REST Clients/API Development Environments (Postman, Advanced REST Client, etc.)
• – Deeper experience with data modeling, schema types (star, relational/normalized, nosql, olap cube, etc.)To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account