at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
The Access Director of the Appointment Business Center will direct and oversee the coordination of activities of subordinate staff to create an environment of excellent customer service and identify opportunities to improve overall departmental operations. This individual sets goals, priorities, and performance standards for patient access functions across the organization. They are responsible for all aspects of daily operations, supervising the activities of centralized scheduling to ensure the effective screening of patients and scheduling of patient services that provides quality patient care for processes in coordination with patient access, revenue cycle and service line leaders to ensure the highest quality services are provided consistently to all patients and families.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate to experienceResponsibilities
- Plan, oversee, and delegate work effectively across assigned functional areas.
- Establish and meet performance targets that meet the organization’s financial, quality and service needs.
- Support UAMS Finance mission by creating an environment conducive to the highest quality work, identifying/recognizing top tier performers and recruiting/retaining an exceptional workforce.
- Establish performance standards within the Appointment Business Center.
- Identify relevant trends by reviewing available reports and initiate process improvement activity when warranted.
- Recommend and lead continual process improvement activities to ensure excellence in Appointment Business Center operations.
- Accept ownership for initiating new or enhanced process improvement projects once sanctioned by the IRCO.
- Ensure departmental, IRC, ICE and campus policies are followed within the department.
- Responsible for staff hiring, new employee on-boarding, employee evaluations, annual training, staff development, and employee coaching and progressive discipline when necessary.
- Promotes teamwork and role models the core concepts of PFCC.
- Manage the review of all assigned patient complaints submitted via patient satisfaction surveys and actively seek resolution and/or service recovery with appropriate manager.
- Effectively utilizes staff, space, and supplies within budgetary restraints.
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual responsibility and ensure staff preparedness following established Joint Commission standards and facility safety and emergency preparedness standards.
- Ensure a safe working environment by reporting maintenance, housekeeping and physical plant problems promptly.
- Demonstration of kindness and amazing customer service skills and ensures all assigned staff demonstrate the same.
- Works closely with information technology services to develop and maintain systems and applications used across all areas of responsibility.
- Helps manage relationships with vendors responsible for systems and processes associated with the patient access department.
- Direct staff to follow institutional, state, and federal technology laws and regulations/guidance in regards to all technology, telecommunications, and process systems.
- Recommend improvement processes in all technology areas and monitor to ensure successful implementation of systems/processes.
- Provides assistance, coordination and education on revenue integrity related issues to system leaders.
- Reviews patient access policies on a regular basis and makes updates as needed – focusing on continuous process improvement.
- Creates and implements methodologies to measure and improve customer satisfaction. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare, business or related field PLUS 5 years experience in healthcare along with 5 years management experience is required.
- Active licensed RN in the state of Arkansas.
- Proven leadership and staff management abilities, critical thinker, ability to identify problems and provide solutions with minimum input from management; excellent customer service skills, analytic skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with constant interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- NAHAM or HFMA certification
- EPIC system experience
- Call Center experience
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).Physical Requirements Stand: Occasionally
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
4301 W. Markham Ave
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205