at Radius Aerospace in Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive and is not to be considered inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of the Employer.
Position Title: Environmental Health & Safety Operations Manager
- CATEGORY: ☐ UNION ☒ NON-UNION
- JOB FAMILY: Environmental & Safety
- FLSA: Salary/Exempt
- PAY GRADES: A13-45
- Safety Sensitive: ☒ Yes ☐ No
- Supervisory: ☒ Yes ☐ No
- JOB CODES:JO402M
- Reports to: Location President/General Manager
Environmental Health & Safety Operations Manager will educate, train, and provide support to operations in the development and execution of consistent safety and environmental management programs. Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental programs. Direct a proactive safety and environmental program. Improve the quality of safety and environmental management processes following established regulations, policies, standards, and practices. In our fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing environment, you will take on and execute projects and studies of significant importance, scope, and complexity
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Know and follow general company and corporate policies and procedures.
• Know, understand, and follow department policies and procedures.
• Oversee and manage environmental regulations and programs, as related to chemical storage, spill control, waste management, air quality, and wastewater runoff at all Radius-Arkansas locations based on federal, state, and local regulations.
• Create, update, and facilitate training as needed to include, but not limited to, Hazardous Material DOT regulations, Hazardous Waste procedures, and sustainability awareness.
• Provides day-to-day guidance and support to Environmental staff. Makes task assignments, follows-up on assignments to ensure accuracy and completion
• Conduct analysis on various WWTP streams to maintain POTW compliance.
• Hazardous waste labeling and identification.
• Responsible for all permitting and re-permitting activities.
• Continual building and maintaining positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
• Work with production to make sure hazardous waste drums are moved in a timely manner.
• Maintain carbon absorbers and Solvent Recovery System.
• Manage all processes in Environmental staff employment life cycle, including but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, training, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, terminations
• Acts in a positive, professional manner and leads by example
• Communicate with employees regularly to keep them informed of all company information
• Other various duties as needed or as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health or related discipline
• Master’s degree preferred
• Professional Certification (CSP, CIH, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization is a plus
• Annual RCRA training and OSHA training
• 4+ Years Environmental operations or related field experience, manufacturing environment preferred
• 3+ Years supervisory experience
Professional Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
• ADEQ Waste Treatment Operators License
• Visible Opacity Reading
• DOT Hazmat
• Boiler Operators License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of applicable environmental laws, government regulations, and agency rules as related to:
o Storm Water Runoff permits
o Wastewater Permits
o Air Emission Permits.
o Reporting requirements
o Hazardous Waste management and training requirements.
o Hazardous Material management and training.
o Waste and recycling protocols including waste management.
• Knowledge of product chemical and environmental regulations
• Detailed knowledge of metal manufacturing processes including support requirements such as gas used for welding and cutting, electrical machine requirements, and pneumatic or hydraulic power sources.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Understanding of Business – financial justification of projects
• Analytical skills – data visualization and decision making
• Ability to read and write the English language.
• Ability to coordinate, supervise and oversee work assignments
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must be available to adjust schedule to meet business needs which may include late nights, weekends and on-call
Physical and Environmental Demands
Manufacturing environment may be exposed to noise levels, chemicals, dust, grime and heat. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
Physical and environmental conditions of the essential duties of the job.
"F" for frequently; "O" for occasionally; “R” for Rarely; "N" for not at all.
(F ) Bend
(F ) Squat, kneel, or crouch
(O ) Crawl
(O ) Climb or balance
(F ) Reach with hands & arms
(F ) Use fine finger movements
(F ) Sit
(F ) Stand
(F ) Walk
(F ) Push/Pull
(F ) Talk or hear
(F ) Handle Objects (manual dexterity)
Carry/lift loads of:
(F ) Up to 10 lbs.
(F ) Up to 25 lbs.
(F ) Up to 50 lbs.
(R ) Up to 100 lbs.
(R ) More than 100 lbs.
(F ) Read/comprehend
(F ) Write
(O ) Perform calculations
(F ) Communicate orally
(F ) Reason and analyze
(F ) Is exposed to excessive noise
(F ) Is exposed to extreme cold (non-weather)
(F ) Is exposed to extreme heat (non-weather)
(F ) Is exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity
(F ) Is around moving machinery
(F ) Is exposed to dust, fumes, gases, radiation, microwave (circle)
(O ) Drives motorized equipment
(O ) Works in confined quarters
(O ) Works in high, precarious places
(R ) Works with explosives
(F ) Is exposed to Vibration
(F ) Other
Employee Benefits: We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, casual dress, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
To learn more about what we do, who we are, and what we value, please visit our website at http://www.radiusaerospace.com.
***Radius Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ***
***In order to maintain our Drug-Free work environment, successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen is required.***
***Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: No phone calls without a previously signed service agreement in place please***
1923 Central Ave
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901