at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith’s Federal Services Unit (FSU) Water and Facilities (WAF) Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sr. Project/Program Manager to serve as Project Management and Commercial Leader (PMCL), a key role in our federal WAF portfolio in the southeastern United States. Through effective leadership and teamwork, the PMCL will serve to successfully deliver projects and client service while maximizing the long-term profitability of the firm.
POSITION CAN BE BASED IN ANY OF OUR OFFICES IN THE SOUTHEASTERN U.S.*
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Support the FSU WAF Delivery Leader (DL) in the day-to-day operation of the business unit, including project delivery performance, go/no-go decisions, pricing strategies, risk management, forecasting and budgeting, and performance reporting
- Provide interpretation of monthly performance figures to support the DL in overall business unit management and to the project managers to resolve project issues and improve project performance
- Direct and supervise project managers to ensure timely, effective, and efficient performance of project managers’ responsibilities
- Engage USACE and other federal agency clients, in assigned project portfolio to effectively mine existing contracts, promote client engagement to support revenue growth, and support future sales initiatives through close coordination with the Water and Facilities sales team
- Identify and close capability gaps among project management staff, providing valuable team management and talent development support to foster career growth and required skills of project managers
- In coordination with the DL, assign projects and pursuit efforts to project managers within the group
- In coordination with the DL, manage and review individual performance of project managers within the group
- Actively support CDM Smith’s Global Delivery Excellence Framework (GDEF) deployment and implementation with project managers within the group
- Evaluate project management compliance with CDM Smith’s Global Delivery Excellence Framework including CDM Smith’s risk management policies and procedures
- Assist in developing and reviewing proposal pricing to support Business Unit objectives and individual bid pricing strategies and support the client service/business development staff on key pursuits (e.g., evaluation of terms and conditions, commercial risk, and competitive advantage)
- Review and approve proposal and project scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Review and approve project enrollments to ensure profitability, quality, and other best management practices are employed
- Promote risk management practice within the project management function and develop PM risk competencies, including a strong contractual understanding among project managers of how CDM Smith manages risk
- Conduct regular project review meetings with project managers to monitor project-level performance, budget, schedule, risk, and quality management in support of program/group-level reporting and management
- Drive consistent project management practices and procedures in alignment with CDM Smith PM requirements and FSU WAF group
- Lead monthly project management processes including ETC, EAC, and revenue recognition
- Lead and support efforts to integrate improved resource management (e.g., implementation of resource-loaded scheduling capabilities and practices)
- Serve as a project manager for a sub-set of projects within the group, managing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risk in compliance with CDM Smith PM requirements, including GDEF
Project Management & Commercial Leader
WAF Delivery – Services
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 12 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel and subcontractors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficient, including the Microsoft Office suite
- Professional engineering (PE) license
- Current Project Manager certification (either PMP, CCM, or DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start date
- Business development skills and experience such as client engagement and proposal preparation
- Understanding of scheduling concepts and familiarity with software such as Primavera P6 or equivalent
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Southeast United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks,
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72903