at Wellpath in Dermott, Arkansas, United States
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
About this role
Our Physician is one who provides a full range of medical services for patients. Provides required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
What you bring to the table
Education for Physician:
+ Medical school graduate
Experience for Physician:
+ Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Public Health (Board Certification) preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Physician:
+ Current licensure as a Physician within the state
+ Current CPR Certification
+ Current DEA number
What you will do
1. Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
2. Conducts on-site sick call and chronic care clinics, as established by Medical Director.
3. Review and countersigns therapeutic orders and corresponding progress notes of patients seen by the P.A./ARNP, if applicable, ensuring they are appropriate and effective.
4. Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters in the patient’s progress notes, as applicable.
5. Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible.
6. Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
7. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within one business day, if possible.
8. Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures.
9. Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions, which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on non-formulary form and submitted to the Medical Director for approval.
10. Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral, if possible.
11. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
12. Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
13. Supports standards of medical care through adherence to existing policies and procedures for: admission to the infirmary (when available), transfer to emergency room and utilization review process for specialty consultant referrals.
14. Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
15. Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary for the realization of established patient goals to the Medical Director for disposition.
16. Utilizes Universal or Standard Precautions at all times.
17. Prescribes a planned regimen of total patient care, which is adequate, problem-oriented and appropriate to the needs of the patient.
18. Keeps patient information confidential and respects patients’ rights to privacy in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
19. Provides input into facility mandatory committees such as P&T and Medical Audit Committee as requested by DON and H.S.A.
20. Must maintain privileges as a member of the The Company Medical Staff Organization.
21. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
22. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
23. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
24. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
25. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
26. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
27. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
+ Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
+ Time off & leave benefits
+ Tuition Reimbursement
+ Parental benefits
+ Perks and discounts
+ And more available herehttps://wellpathcareers.com/ (https://wellpathcareers.com/#rewards)
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Facility Delta Regional Unit
Shift Day 8 hour
Recruiter Kimberly Bloodsaw Williams
Email firstname.lastname@example.orgTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account