at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Data Solutions – Data Engineer I to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Data Engineer I works closely with data architects, data scientists, business stakeholders and IT to design and build data marts, data pipelines, and ETL processes that efficiently deliver actionable insights. This position works towards enhancing the processes involving collection, storage, processing and analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data as well as supports our Enterprise Data Architect in migrating data from disparate source systems to the Azure Cloud Platform.
Your contribution may include:
- Implement ETL/ELT flows in accordance with established best practices.
- Monitor existing ETL/ELT jobs to ensure efficiency of process and correctness of results, including on-call responsibilities.
- Collaborate with various teams, including functional stakeholders, Technical Services, Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence to ensure actionable insights are securely enabled by appropriate data technologies.
- Ensure data is properly catalogued.
- Discover, research, and integrate new data sources.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Data Solutions – Data Engineer I, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Data Solutions team in Fort Smith, AR. Work hours will generally fall between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and may include irregular and on call hours. A flexible working schedule may be available after six months of employment, subject to approval by the supervising director. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Master’s degree in Information Systems or related field, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu for formal education.
Computer Skills: Prior experience working on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing ETL/ELT dataflows. Prior experience working with analytics data models, including star schema. Experience in programming languages like SQL, R, Python, PySpark, Scala, Node.js, C#, Java, etc.
Other Requirements: Understanding of modern data warehouse architecture and data warehousing concepts. Knowledge of structured query language (SQL).
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability