at ABF Freight System, Inc in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture. Currently, we are looking for an Over and Short Control Analyst – Salvage and Overages to join the ABF Freight team. The Over and Short Control Analyst manages the Fort Smith salvage warehouse. This position controls all salvage and overage freight in the ABF Freight system and administers the ABF Freight local salvage sales process. The position also entails special project work involving data collection and analysis of Cargo Claims related metricc. Your contribution may include:
- Control movement of high value freight into and out of the Fort Smith warehouse.
- Operate forklift for movement of freight while at the warehouse.
- Maintain records on each shipment received and sent to our salvage vendors.
- Reconcile partial shipments with overages in the salvage warehouse.
- Analyze options for controlling inventory.
- Analyze each trailer manifest sent from the field to our salvage vendors.
- Process salvage related transactions.
- Collect and analyze our salvage vendors monetary return.
- Regularly evaluate our salvage system for efficiency and improvement opportunities.
- Collect and analyze data for all Cargo Claim related metrics.
- Research and present information to help identify root cause and the development of corrective action.
- Support the business by providing analysis and reports on Cargo Claims and OS&D exception related data.
- Evaluate and determine purchase price for freight involved in an ABF local salvage sale.
- Provide final decision and disposition instructions to the field offices on all over freight.
- Coordinate the matching of over and short freight.
- Follow up with service centers to ensure procedures are utilized according to the Cargo Claims and Prevention Manual.
- Meet requirements of Bill of Lading Contract, and offset claim cost.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability