at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Operations Science Analyst to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Operations Science Analyst is responsible for providing research, analytical guidance and innovative solutions to business leaders in the design, execution and evaluation of strategic operational initiatives. This position offers a high degree of responsibility and upper management exposure.
Your contribution may include:
- Develop analytical models using mathematics, statistics, simulation or other methods.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure accuracy, reformulating models as necessary.
- Define data requirements and analyze and interpret data from a variety of sources.
- Observe current processes and systems in operation to gather information to make intelligible recommendations on process and system improvement.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Prepare reports for Senior Leadership that defines and evaluates problems with recommended solutions.
- Maintain a positive attitude while completing challenging work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish both departmental and individual goals.
- Communicate clearly with each assignment while managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Operations Science Analyst, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Operations Science team in Fort Smith, AR. Your work hours will be 8:00AM – 5:00PM with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or other related field.
Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus in Excel. Ability to learn new systems quickly.
Certifications: Ability to translate and communicate complex data easily.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability."
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability