at Airgas Usa LLC in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement and great benefits! And you’re home nights, weekends and holidays!! We currently have an*IMMEDIATE*opening for a highly motivated individual to join our MEMPHIS, TN TEAMin the position of*Production Operator*.
Performs various duties in the plant including tending equipment to fill cylinders and other containers with liquefied or compressed gases and driving electric powered industrial truck equipped with forklift to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials to load route delivery vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
- Rolls cylinders onto platform, or positions cylinders in manifold racks manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Connects manifold to cylinders.
- May fill cylinders by any of the following methods: (1) Sets pressure gauge to specified reading and watches for indication of full cylinders. (2) Adjusts valves and observes gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure. (3) Observes scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight. (4) Fills cylinder to excess, rolls cylinder onto scale, and connects exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
- Fills out and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels, or decals to cylinders.
- May test gas for purity using testing equipment.
- May inspect or test empty cylinders.
- May tend or maintain generator or compressor in filling process.
- May change cylinder valves with wrench, or adjust them with torque wrench to prescribed tension.
- May load cylinders onto vehicles manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Unloads previous day’s empty cylinders and loads all route trucks for next day’s deliveries per drivers load sheets.
- Transfers plant cylinders to different buildings using a forklift.
- Notifies supervisor if normal truck loading duties cannot be accomplished for any reason.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive forklift and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Loads or unloads cylinders onto or off of pallets by hand.
- Lubricates forklift and recharges batteries or replaces liquefied gas tank.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One to three years related experience and/or training
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization* *
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS* *
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
At least one year of prior on the job forklift experience required.
Airgas offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days.
In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Program.
Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays and floating holidays.
Company paid uniforms are provided, as well as a safety boot and safety glasses allowance.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Pre-employment Substance Abuse Screening Required
Title: Plant Operator Technician I
Requisition ID: 29514