Director, R&D Project Management
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Arlington, TN 38002
The Director of Project Management is responsible for managing strategic projects and programs with diverse, global, multi-functional teams. His/her responsibilities include the planning of all project activities along with aligning, synchronizing and driving the Core Team efforts toward achieving the common goal of completing the projects and launches according to defined objectives.
This individual will also lead the development and implementation of project management tools and best practices. She/he will coordinate the development of new product ideas and emerging technologies into commercially available, successful products. This is a strategic role within the MicroPort team and this individual must understand senior management expectations and effectively communicate key information about project progress, opportunities and issues. Additionally, she/he must drive global collaboration with regional R&D, Marketing, Regulatory teams and other cross-functional areas to achieve ongoing success.
1. Plan, manage and execute product development launches in accordance with MicroPort’s Product Development processes and procedures.
2. Evaluate and establish an updated New Product Development process along with developing other key global processes within the broader MicroPort Orthopedics business, driving global alignment to these updated business practices.
3. Employ excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with all levels of personnel and management to facilitate open communication among project team members.
4. Closely track personnel resource utilization and availability for each functional department. Plan appropriately to avoid resource bottlenecks.
5. Guide project team members in the preparation of Design Control documentation as well as generate any project documentation.
6. Develop, update and maintain detailed project plans and schedules using Microsoft Project.
7. Effectively lead and facilitate product development team meetings, including preparation of meeting minutes and documentation of key conclusions and action items. Prepare and effectively present project update presentations (PD Reviews and PD Gate Reviews) to Sr. Management.
8. Effectively implement problem solving skills and techniques to identify potential issues, assess their impact, and develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities.
9. Demonstrated aptitude for successfully managing multiple projects, of varying complexity, within the specified guidelines, timeframes and budgets.
10. Capture and disseminate knowledge acquired during projects to improve MPO product development processes and systems.
11. Ensure that domestic and global market strategy, assumptions, business opportunities are measured and periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution and initial project launch
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
+ The position requires the ability to evaluate problems related to design, development, manufacturing techniques and quality assurance of product designs.
+ This position requires significant creative thinking.
+ This individual is expected to spearhead resolutions to problems and present alternative solutions to challenges. These resolutions may be determined by the individual and his/her direct report or by a collective team effort, depending on the scope and magnitude of the issue.
+ Proven track record of leading effective collaboration in complex group/team environments with well-rounded experience and understanding of all functional areas, including their interrelation and interdependencies.
All Research and Development employees must follow all internal processes related to HCP consultant interaction, and may be in a position to initiate and verify HCP consultant’s services per the processes. Research and Development employees must follow all reporting guidelines for business expenses as they pertain to HCP interaction and involvement. All R&D employees are responsible for completing quarterly safety training per corporate policies on-time. Active participation on compliance committees as assigned.
This individual is accountable for all activities that occur within his/her department. Minimal supervision is required for individuals in this position.
Minimum 10 years of successful experience in managing new product development projects and key initiatives. Product development and/or engineering experience to include 3+ years of project management experience leading large scope product launches in a highly regulated product development environment, operating within Design Control procedures. Experience managing cross-functional teams in the orthopedic medical device industry is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering or related degree required (Master’s preferred)Project Management Professional certification or structured project management training is a plus
All candidates: Please completely fill out the online application and attach a resume that includes your current role, experience, education and contact information.
For internal reference, this position is a level 10.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: MicroPort Orthopedics is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MicroPort via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MicroPort. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MicroPort as a result of the referral or through other means.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©