Switcher Non CDL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Little Rock, AR 72205
Warehouse Yard Jockey/Switcher
Little Rock, AR
$520+ Paid Weekly
Capstone Logistics is the premier provider of 3rd Party services in distribution centers across the nation. With a foot print of over 400 DCs in 45 states and Canada, Capstone is the preferred partner for many major Retailers, Groceries and specialty companies. With high-growth expected this year, we are looking for top talent that is interested in career opportunities to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
- Full-time career day one
- Full benefits offered after 60 days of employment
- Career growth – We look to promote from within first with over 400 sites and growing there is tons of opportunity!
- Join our travel team, see the country, learn how all of our sites operate
- Paid Training
- Safety Incentives
Under the general direction of the Shipping and Receiving Manager the Yard Switcher is responsible for:
- The movement and spotting of trailers to facilitate the needs of the warehouse in sorting and processing goods for shipment or storage.
- The timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Responsible to maintain a neat and orderly storage lot oriented toward maximizing efficiency in servicing the warehouse needs
- Operate Yard Truck in a safe manner during numerous roll-on/roll-off procedures daily involving loaded and empty trailers
- Drive and operate vehicle under 15 mph in and around the warehouse and storage lot/staging area
- Be cognizant of the reality that the operation is a low mileage severe duty function requiring particular attention to preventive maintenance checks and services as well as actual scheduled vehicle maintenance
- Must be aware that operations occur on asphalt, concrete and gravel surfaces in a hostile environment often contaminated with material subject to embedding in tires
- Responsible for accounting for records involving container numbers, gross weights, tare weights, and net weights on the scale log sheet to include source and type of material
- Must function and interact on a daily basis with warehouse personnel and comply with warehouse safety requirements
- Communicate using cellular telephone or 2-way radio with dispatch, operations, and warehouse personnel
- Security of valuable commodities and the storage area itself are a major area of concern for the Yard Jockey, occasionally requiring guidance from supervisory personnel regarding disposition.
- Duties and Tasks additionally assigned by Management Capstone Logistics does not unlawfully discriminate in hiring. If you are interested in apply for a position and need a reasonable accommodation during the applicant process, please contact (678-495-9464) so that we can work with you to reasonably accommodate you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled