Managed Services Mainframe Engineer - Websphere IBM MQ
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Little Rock, AR 72205
The primary purpose of this position is to support the IBM MQ product and associated activities related to IBM’s MQ product.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensures system improvements and/or modifications are implemented
· Provides technical assistance regarding Disaster Recovery exercises and Business Continuity Processes
· Develops, enhances, and supports technical approaches that allow audits and scalable implementations of large, complex mainframe environments
· Identifies and resolves performance issues
· Facilitates project planning efforts by establishing and meeting work estimates, target dates, milestones and schedules
· Participates in ongoing development and improvement of installation standards
· Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
· Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and changes, providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
· Provides team members with technical training and/or mentoring
+ Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
+ At least five (5) years Information Technology experience, including experience performing IBM MQ System Programming and Administration in z/OS
Other Position Requirements
+ Experience performing the following tasks:
+ Configure and administer clustered/shared and single IBM WebSphere MQ installations on z/OS
+ Install and upgrade MQ for z/OS using ShopzSeries and SMP/E
+ Set up and reconfigure MQ for z/OS objects to meet applications/systems needs including batch and online (CICS)
+ Troubleshoot MQ problems using MQ command line and monitoring tools
+ Provide primary and backup on-call support during extended hours (including nights and weekends)
+ Create, maintain and use automation scripts for MQ for z/OS monitoring, alerting and problem determination and resolution
+ Use incident and support requests from customers concerning changes and issues for MQ
+ Involvement with performance and tuning of IBM MQ
+ Fulfill service requests (SRs) for mainframe z/OS customers as they pertain to IBM MQ support roles
+ Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
+ Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
+ Disaster recovery experience related to IBM MQ applications
+ Demonstrated ability to execute tasks associated with customers’ disaster recovery plans
+ ServiceNow or similar incident/change tool experience
+ ITIL knowledge
+ CICS system knowledge
Data Privacy and Security :
+ All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
+ Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.