Strategic Execution Office - Director - Minneapolis, MN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
North Little Rock, AR 72190
Strategic Execution Director
U.S. Bank is committed to serving its millions of customers across the country and around the world as a trusted financial partner, a commitment recognized by the Ethisphere Institute naming the bank a 2018 World’s Most Ethical Company. With 74,000 employees and $461 billion in assets (as of June 30, 2018) U.S. Bank is the fifth-largest bank in the United States.
If you’re ready to join a high-impact team focused on leading the largest, most critical initiatives to successful outcomes, we want to speak to you. U.S. Bank’s Strategic Execution Office is seeking a Director with proven executive leadership experience to drive change and accelerate execution within its businesses.
The Strategic Execution team provides collaborative leadership for the most complex and critical programs at U.S. Bank. The Strategic Execution Director partners with executives, senior leaders, and implementation teams to design and deliver One U.S. Bank solutions with superior program outcomes. Responsibilities may also include team leadership.
What you’ll do:
Primary Strategic Initiative(s):
?- Lead execution of large-scale, enterprise-wide transformational initiatives, owning overall accountability for the success of the program(s), from design to delivery
?- Assess and oversee risk and change management plan execution for the program(s), including driving issue resolution
?- Take a hands-on execution role in managing Strategic Execution team’s deliverables
?- Develop trusted relationships with executives, senior leaders, and key business partners
?- Shape the consultative approach for each strategic initiative, embedding transparency, accountability, and collaboration
?- Manage execution accountability to produce measurable, optimized business outcomes
?- Oversee key stakeholder impacts to implementation plans, metrics, controls, and technology requirements
?- Consult with senior leadership including analysis and recommendations, leveraging exceptional change management skills
?- Innovate with business and technology partners to create optimal solutions
?- Drive execution accountability to produce measurable, optimized business outcomes
Other Initiatives and Team Efforts:
?- Foster agile thinking and a continuous improvement mindset in colleagues and team members
?- Contribute thought-leadership and consultative capabilities to Strategic Execution team priorities
?- Continuously expand and develop industry knowledge and experience in order to effectively influence strategic execution
?- Lead, manage, and mentor direct reports, ensuring skill development to meet current and future continuous improvement needs
- 12 years of progressive experience leading large-scale transformative initiatives which span organizations, preferably with leading financial services providers or consulting firms (e.g., Big Four, top-tier management)
- 6 years of Executive Leadership/Director experience driving large, high impact program management and implementation strategies
- Demonstrated success developing and managing high priority initiatives with enterprise-wide impact and executive level involvement
- Strong executive presence with a demonstrated ability to navigate and influence effectively in large, complex organizations
- Exceptional problem-solving, storyboarding, and deliverable development skills
- Flexible and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Positive, consultative approach to people leadership as a team leader and/or mentor
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% – primary location is Minneapolis (relocation assistance not available)
- Bachelor’s degree
? – Graduate degree and relevant certifications
?- Industry reputation as an expert in one or more areas of banking, finance, consulting, and/or program management
?- Demonstrated commitment to professional development through ongoing education
?- Expertise in multiple areas of banking/finance
?- Experience with a variety of project management methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall
?- Experience in process improvement methodologies and tools (e.g., Lean Six Sigma)
Job: Project Management / Analysis
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180042480
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.