Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Eudora, AR 71640
Distribution Engineer Job Description
Superior Group of Companies, formerly Superior Uniform Group, established in 1920, is a combination of companies that help customers unlock the power of their brands by creating extraordinary brand experiences for employees and customers. It provides customized support for each of its divisions through its shared services model.
Fashion Seal Healthcare, HPI and CID Resources are signature uniform brands of Superior Group of Companies. Each is one of Americas leading providers of uniforms and image apparel in the markets it serves. They specialize in innovative uniform program design, global manufacturing, and state-of-the-art distribution. Every workday, more than 6 million Americans go to work wearing a uniform from Superior Group of Companies.
The Distribution Engineer designs, develops, installs and continuously evaluates systems for managing and improving the distribution and manufacturing processes associated with SGC Distribution Centers. This will involve an understanding of labor and machinery utilization, quality control, inventory control, logistics, material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop operational control processes to improve operations safety, quality and performance.
- Help operation meet and exceed budgeted targets through cost control and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop analytics, reporting tools, dashboards to provide the operations teams the tools they need to successfully execute daily plans.
- Support innovation throughout the Distribution Center network to help drive long range planning initiatives and goals.
- Continuously evaluate warehouse production needs and work with warehouse management and supervisors to create labor requirements documents, then create SOPs (standard operating procedures) for each of the departments associated with the process.
- Continuously evaluate working conditions within each department to find and implement cost reduction, efficiency improvement procedures and layouts.
Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization. Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, materials, space and utilities.
- Convey procedures, methods and recommendations to directors, management, supervision and department personnel to aid in training and understanding.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or other technical discipline
- 2 years of experience in one or more of these key functional areas: supply chain management, logistics, transportation management, distribution or procurement functional responsibilities
Project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Excel and Access
- Lean / Six Sigma experience a plus
Analytical Thinking Ability to grasp the underlying concepts in complex information, identify root causes of problems and formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information
Information Seeking Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information, resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions, or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities for miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
Creativity and Innovation Tending towards divergent thinking and the propensity to questions existing practices; challenge commonly-held assumptions; originate new or radical alternatives to traditional methods, processes and products, and build on others ideas.
Learning Agility Discerning patterns in data, recognizing relationships between concepts, and rapidly applying learning from one context to solve analogous problems in different contexts.
Quality Focus Ensuring that all work in ones own area of the business, throughout the organization, by vendors, suppliers, etc. is performed with excellence and to high standards for quality and integrity.
Initiating Action Tending to be a self-starter and to take a lead role in improving or enhancing a product or service, avoiding problems, or developing entrepreneurial opportunities. Demonstrating a positive attitude toward getting things done and seeking out additional responsibilities that may go beyond the scope of ones formal job description.
Time Management Focusing on completing all work tasks in a timely manner while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities while being organized, keeping on top of important, time-sensitive tasks and performing all work accurately.
**Along with a generous Compensation Package, the company offers an excellent Benefits Package, including Medical, Dental, a Defined Contribution Plan (e.g. 401(k)), Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, a Flexible Spending Account and Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.